Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
This module delves into the important concepts of three-dimensional muscle function. Because the human body functions as an integrated system – not isolated parts – the effects of muscles are considered beyond the anatomical joint or joints that a particular muscle may cross. Expanding our thinking beyond the anatomical model into the functional model opens up endless possibilities for assessment and training of individual muscles while integrated in the total body system.
1. Learn and describe how the principles of Applied Functional Science™ influence muscle actions.
2. Learn and recognize that muscles function in all three planes of motion.
3. Learn and identify the econcentric loading and exploding function of muscles.
4. Learn and describe how muscles that do not cross a joint can control a joint.
5. Learn and describe how a muscle functions in standing can be opposite of the functions lying on a table.
6. Learn and describe the role of synergies in functional movements.
|Chain Reaction™ Functional Muscle Function |
Beyond the Anatomical Model